No products in the cart.
Imogen Lamport answers your style questions.
Is toe cleavage a mortal sin?
Absolutely not. Some consider toe cleavage very sexy (that’s why it’s called cleavage).
How old is too old for short shorts?
Anywhere from 16 to 66, depending on the state of your thighs.
Is black or brown eye liner better for brunettes with blue eyes?
Brown will bring out the blue in your eyes more than black.
Whose closet would you most like to raid?
I’m in love with this dress
I love Princess Mary of Denmark’s wardrobe – but I wouldn’t raid it as her colouring and body shape are very different from mine.
I have really enjoyed the different styles of the writers of my Stylish Thoughts series.
I think Iris Apfel has a fabulous style and shows that style doesn’t need to disappear with age
How to Look Stylish in the Playground?
How to look “put together” on the playground or in playgroup?
In the playground or at playgroup your needs are:
- Ease of movement
- Wash and wear
- Projects your personality
So how do you combine these and look stylish? It’s very easy when you become a mother to resort to plain and old clothes because you feel if you wear anything good it will just get wrecked too easily. So how to look stylish but still be practical?
- Great dark denim jeans that fit well in a style that flatters your figure.
- Knit top with some detail at the neckline (if your kids are under 2 so you don’t need accessories).
- Cute ballet flat or converse or other flat shoe – in good condition
- Scarf, belt or necklace or other accessory that reflects your personality and creates the focal point of the outfit.
- Jacket to throw over – stretch fabrics can be great for comfort and ease of movement
Have a look at these posts for more ideas:
How to accessorize the busy mum, Wardrobe capsules for your life-Busy mum, Avoiding mum clothes-Frumpy to fabulous, How to dress the comfortable practical stylish mum
Can I wear orange?
Only if you have warm colouring, or if you fake tan, or wear it well away from your face if you have cool colouring – but be aware that it will draw attention away from your face (communication centre) to wherever on your body you put it.